We’re all a part of the digital revolution. We download podcasts and stream music on Spotify, hail rides with Uber, and get purchases delivered directly to our doorsteps with Amazon.
These digital leaders have not only redefined the way consumers relate to businesses, but they have also defined new markets — toppling traditional ones in the process. They’ve identified consumers’ desire to solve problems on their own, immediately, using digital channels like chatbots and connected devices — market dynamics that have left traditional retailers struggling to survive and keep pace with digital winners.
A McKinsey and Co. survey indicates that responses to the pandemic accelerated the adoption of digital technologies by several years — and that many of these changes are likely here to stay.
And where traditional organizations are heavily invested in siloed information systems on legacy architecture that prevent them from easily developing disruptive solutions to compete in the digital world, digital companies are born using modern technology platforms and carry little to no technical debt.
Facing the Integration Predicament
So how can traditional corporations compete with digital giants and venture capital-backed startups that have the advantage of lower costs and disruptive models?
The most effective approach to the digital transformation required to remain competitive is software systems integration. Replacing legacy systems can involve downtime risks that many companies are unprepared to take, but updating them with new architecture creates an environment where the delivery of digital services is simple and cost effective.
The integration process can be a marathon that requires time, money, and often, specialized resources. Whether you’re working with systems developed ten to twenty years ago or even relatively new API or Web Services solutions, you’ll likely need the expertise and skills of a specialist to connect your world.
As of 2020, there were just over 100,000 systems integration professionals employed in the US, and the majority only stay at a job for under two years.
Traditionally, integration has been a complex, costly, difficult to maintain undertaking. Not only was it not guaranteed to solve the problem, but it could become a problem itself (and often one more serious than the original issue).
Cracking the Code to Digital Integration
The traditional approach to software systems integration relies on costly, time-consuming coding. But coding integrations aren’t the only way to connect legacy systems. Digibee offers low code integration consisting of a visual, drag-and-drop interface that simplifies the integration creation process.
Integrations are custom-built by developers to connect systems based on business roles.
- Requires significant skill
- Each line of code must be debugged, compiled, and tested to ensure quality and security
- Deployment, execution, monitoring, maintenance, and updates are complex and resource-intensive
- Unique integrations are dependent on developer knowledge and can be challenging to maintain or update
Automated pipelines transform and communicate data across systems for simple integration.
- No coding knowledge or specialized expertise needed
- Integrations are automated and executed on a single platform
- Deployments are fast, organized, efficient, and scalable
- SaaS-based business model lets users test assumptions without significant investment
The Digibee integration platform structures automations within the three lifecycle domains: Build, Run, and Monitor. Learn more.
But let’s dig deeper into why this model is the best approach to digital integration.
A More Efficient Approach
Digibee provides a simpler, faster way to integrate systems. Users simply drag and drop elements on a basic canvas, creating integrations an average of 10 times faster than other approaches or tools.
The Digibee platform includes specialized connectors for a diverse range of systems, business functions, data, and entities — all graphically represented for easy comprehension without the need for specialized programming skills — and ready for hundreds of different technologies and well-known applications, such as SAP, Totvs, Oracle, SalesForce, ServiceNow, and hundreds of others.
The integration platform offers data transformation components (also graphically represented) to facilitate the creation of complex data connection, transformation, and enrichment rules. These components are continually enhanced and automatically updated.
Digibee also has specialized development teams organized in tracks to create new connectors for diverse needs with specific systems and technologies. These tracks build a new connector to platform standards — with many created in just hours.
Digibee’s visual integration environment offers self-documentation capabilities not available with traditional coding solutions. The pipeline flow representation provides an easy-to-understand image of each connection’s function. This enables the creation of proprietary libraries with connections to online services like maps, social networks, or public cloud systems and facilitates digital connections between internal business functions and customers, suppliers, or partners.
Traditional solutions rely on execution code centralized in one environment, presenting a single point of failure and exposing companies to performance loss and the high costs of infrastructure and maintenance.
The creation of high-availability environments means doubling (or even tripling) investments in hardware and software infrastructure, which increases maintenance and upgrade requirements.
Each pipeline is completely isolated in containers (dockers) in a Kubernetes infrastructure optimized specifically for the proposed integration.
Failure of one pipeline doesn’t affect the execution of another, and in the event of a pipeline failure, a new instance is started in under a second — drastically reducing downtime and other issues.
Integrations continue to work even if the Digibee management platform becomes unavailable.
Other features of Digibee pipelines include:
- Limited only by cloud provider availability and infrastructure
- Dynamic and able to grow automatically at any time, based on demand
- Pipelines can scale to support 10+ concurrent transactions, with increased flow:
- Vertically, by extending the pipeline to support a larger volume of concurrent transactions
- Horizontally, by creating new pipeline instances
- High availability or disaster recovery configuration by initiating a second pipeline in parallel to another cloud region or infrastructure
- Runtime includes resilience functions like circuit breaker (queuing requests when endpoints struggle under high volume)
Unparalleled Data Security
Data security is a continually increasing enterprise concern. Digibee offers unparalleled security to minimize the chance that data will be compromised. Pipelines are isolated in containers accessible only by customers, and sensitive data flows inside containers are encrypted using our proprietary algorithm, or customers’ own encryption service.
Digibee handles all service authentication using an API Gateway at no additional cost, offering a variety of options, including basic authentication, key authentication, OAuth 2.0, and OpenID. The API Gateway also offers a range of other functions, including:
- Monitoring and logging
- Access control list (ACL)
- Rate limiting
- Serverless functionality
- Low latency
All these features facilitate high availability, security, and resilience, customized to meet the needs of mission-critical environments in any industry. The entire Digibee platform is built on state of the art architecture and proven systems engineering, created to offer the resilience needed to modernize legacy systems and guarantee performance.
The Digibee platform is designed for easy operation and troubleshooting. Using Big Data and analytics, the solution can track and monitor 100% of processed transactions.
- Pipelines in the Digibee platform are continually monitored for health and transaction consistency, identifying the hop-to-hop steps of an integration — including the duration of each step, especially endpoints.
- All logs are captured and maintained independently of the pipeline to eliminate performance burdens. Logs are stored in an Elasticsearch cluster and are accessed through the platform or with third-party analytics tools.
- Company integrations are easily organized and structured for effective documentation and maintenance versus traditional solutions, where integrations don’t follow any set pattern or methodology — resulting in chaotic environments that are challenging to maintain.
- Pipelines in the Digibee platform are organized and categorized in a dashboard with the description and status of each integration, isolating the integration process of involved endpoints into a single operating environment.
- The platform implements DevOps, managing development, testing, and production environments, and includes a fully automated pipeline deployment and publication process.
- Digibee moves any data to and from any platform and public cloud. It is built with a Google Cloud Services foundation for unparalleled speed, scalability, and security.
What Makes Digibee Different?
What Makes Digibee Different?
Digibee technology is designed to offer ease of use on a DIY concept, but at the same time, take on the full responsibility of our customers’ integrations.
- Business model based on per pipeline usage
- No annual contracts
- No need for major upfront investments in technology, services, or training
- Pipeline value includes the platform, hosting, traffic, operation, and monitoring (governed by an SLA)
Digibee’s business model minimizes risk and offers full transparency into costs, making it easy and painless for customers to:
- Try new ideas
- Test services
- Deploy temporary projects
- Modernize architecture
The Digibee platform is licensed by the monthly consumption of pipelines — cross-system integration flows with platform-defined data transformation and enrichment logic operating in the Digibee cloud.
Each pipeline supports up to 10 concurrent transactions and can scale up to 64MB of memory in the Digibee cloud. If any pipeline needs to process more than 10 concurrent transactions or consume more than 64MB of memory, a new license is required for each range.
If a single pipeline scales to support 80 concurrent transactions, it requires 8 platform licenses.
If a single pipeline consumes 128MB of memory, it requires 2 platform licenses.
Number of Concurrent Transactions
Memory Allocated to Pipeline
Number of Licenses Required
What to Expect with Digibee
Digibee licenses pipelines in packs of 10, 100 or 1000 units. Our platform licensing includes all these modules and services:
- Integration and operation portal access for up to 50 users
- Public cloud pipeline hosting
- Expert technical support during business hours (M-F)
- Regular platform improvements and additional features
- Use of all platform components, including API Gateway
- 24/7 platform operation and monitoring
- Availability SLA
- Access to operation and monitoring dashboards
And although Digibee’s primary service offering is the SaaS model in the Digibee cloud, we also offer a range of customer programs.
SaaS in a dedicated Digibee cloud environment
SaaS in your cloud environment
An Elegant Solution to Integration Challenges
Digital transformation comes with integration and technology modernization challenges that can present hurdles for companies of any size.
With Digibee’s enterprise integration platform as a service (iPaas), legacy systems trapped in old, expensive models gain the momentum and agility required to meet today’s business demands. New micro-services and API-based systems deliver the orchestration, performance, and resiliency that have become standard among digital winners.
The Digibee approach solves the problems associated with systems integration in an elegant, modern, and frictionless way. We resolve end-to-end integration challenges using proprietary technology to create, execute, and operate integrations while bringing order to environments that are chaotic and unstable.
Digibee integrates systems faster than traditional solutions and at a fraction of the cost, allowing your development team to focus on innovation, not problem-solving.
Book a demo with our team to learn more about our innovative integration solutions.