Integration continues to be top of mind for any organization that wants to remain competitive in a digital-first world. In fact, 71% of enterprises are actively planning to adopt, supplement, or replace their integration technology. But what happens when your integration solution is holding you back?
Many companies face ongoing challenges even after investing heavily in traditional iPaaS systems such as MuleSoft. And we’re not talking peanuts. For most enterprises it’s a significant investment, with integration spend estimated at $720 billion to $1.12 trillion globally in 2023.
Even after paying top dollar for MuleSoft, including for support and maintenance, the business must also pay to certify their developers, an ongoing investment required simply so you can continue using the software.
Your Integration Backlog is Growing
MuleSoft, as powerful as it may be, doesn’t address all of your integration needs. Based on feedback from Digibee customers that did (or still do) use the suite of products, the pricing model is complex, there is a lack of onboarding support, and the technology can be challenging to use.
These three MuleSoft factors impact the bandwidth of your developers, especially when it comes to supporting IT projects that require integration. The result? A MuleSoft IT backlog.
As different IT projects pile up, your IT team is forced to prioritize. Business-critical integrations that significantly affect day-to-day operations? Customer experience initiatives to grow market share? Modernized marketing infrastructure to deliver better intelligence for the business? Many projects languish and the MuleSoft IT backlog continues to grow.
Typically, organization-wide systems trump departmental projects. Processes that keep the lights on win out over implementations focused on growth, convenience or efficiency. Given how much you’ve spent on your MuleSoft deployment, it makes sense that you’d focus on the largest jobs.
However, the acceleration of technological evolution is working against you. As legacy systems become increasingly risky and challenging to maintain, new higher-priority integrations will emerge and less vital projects will get pushed back, and back, and back again.
While your MuleSoft-certified developers continue to chip away at the list of business-critical integrations, the rest of your IT team is left to focus on building, maintaining, and rebuilding point-to-point integrations manually – an inefficient use of their time. On top of that, departments with very low-priority integrations may resort to their own solutions, creating a patchwork of fixes that increase security and governance risks – and create problems that your software engineers will eventually need to going back to evaluate what was done and fix it.
How does Digibee help?
The combination of an ever-increasing integration backlog, compounding inefficiencies, and the spread of shadow IT solutions paint a grim picture. But rather than sinking more money and time into an already shaky MuleSoft ROI, many organizations are opting to invest in Digibee’s modern integration platform as a service (iPaaS) solution.
While some of our customers aim to replace their MuleSoft deployment with Digibee, others implement Digibee to work in tandem. Regardless of the model, Digibee is easier to use, accessible to all levels of software development expertise, and far less expensive than paying for more licenses and certifications to expand an admittedly pricey IT team.
Here’s why Digibee is the smart choice for those facing an integration project backlog:
Low-code for pro coders
- Digibee empowers all developers, from the most experienced to those just learning the ropes. Your integration team expands to include almost everyone, with no need to pay for costly training or certifications.
- Digibee’s deployment model is flexible, allowing organizations to run in the cloud of their choice. Rather than introducing limitations to the business, Digibee supports the progression of the enterprise, ensuring the company achieves its integration objectives.
- Our straightforward pricing model ensures you won’t face hidden fees or ever-mounting costs for training and support.
Unparalleled support (free of charge)
- We provide a unique delivery and support model, where we build your first pipelines, accelerating time to value and eliminating onboarding delays.
- Digibee’s modern architecture–engine-based and cloud-native–minimizes the risk of disruptions and downtime, coexisting with legacy integrations as needed.
But if You do Decide to Rip and Replace…
Of course, if you see the considerable long term value in replacing your existing MuleSoft implementation in favor of Digibee’s iPaaS, we’ve seen many organizations successfully make this transition with minimal friction. We specialize in replacing legacy systems. Along with MuleSoft, examples include Tibco, IBM, SoftwareAG and Oracle. With our flexible iPaaS, Digibee supports your integration strategy regardless of what solution you have in place, easily handling integrations from the most basic and straightforward to the very complex.
When does a rip-and-replace approach make sense?
- If you’re facing a time-consuming and painful upgrade, such as the Mule Runtime Engine EOL that requires significant time and effort
- If your legacy solution contract is close to expiring and you know it no longer meets your needs
- If you’re planning migrations or new technology initiatives that require a more agile, scalable solution
Let Digibee Empower Your Integration Team
While it may seem counterintuitive to replace or deploy a second integration solution after all you’ve invested in MuleSoft, the problems and missed opportunities that are a byproduct of using MuleSoft are apparent once you take a critical look.
Digibee’s low-code iPaaS quickly burns through your MuleSoft IT backlog with minimal disruption, easily expanding to handle all of your enterprise integration needs. Let us show you how! Book your choice of a 15-minute Discovery Call, a 30-minute Custom Demo, or a 60-minute Deep Dive and see our solution in action.